Monday, July 11, 2011

New Age Dads - Part II

Till recently (read till a little over 7 months back) I was of the opinion that when it comes to parenting, daddies always play a secondary role... Moms always have an upper hand.
Most of the credit for development of this mind set actually goes to us women, who believe its our job to care for our babies.. I remember, my mum had come to visit us, I was having dinner and Faizan was watching TV... Zoe started crying... the moment I looked at Faizan my mum gave me a dirty look (she wanted me to go and attend to Zoe).Per her, how can I expect my 'Poor Husband' to make Zoe calm.

Thankfully my husband doesn't believe in 'parenting is only momma's job'. He can take complete care of Zoe (which he does on weekends). Infact there are things which I have to learn from him... like bathing Zoe, entertaining her and feeding her patiently.I would like to believe that most dads these days have become extremely hands-on. They can do anything if required, from changing a dirty diaper to making her go to sleep.Gone are the days when daddies just existed (especially when the baby was really small). New age dads have a role to play in the child's upbringing from the day the baby arrives in this world...
We are proud of you new daddies... and for those who still live in the past era... you have a lot to learn from the new-gen dads....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...