I have once fought this battle but that was when I was younger (not that I'm old now ;-)), fresh out of college and had lots of free time and energy. I was an obese kid/teen and I lost 37 kgs. Yes... Not only that I maintained my weight, I did go up and down the scale, but I managed to reduce when I wanted to.
During my pregnancy I had put on 13 kgs and would've easily lost it. I had lots of people around and started working out after a month and a half of Z's birth. Then I shifted to B'lore, stuck in the house with a small baby, didn't get time to get acquainted with the place. Top it all I twisted my ankle which took long to heal. No exercise and not much movement ... Nateeja : it took a toll on my back. So basically I've been in a MESS (put on more weight). And I HATE it.
Cut to Present: its enough, I have been slowly trying to get into a routine. I'm trying to get my body used to the kind of workout I used to do... It took me 4 months but now I manage to do close to an hour of workout everyday (except Sunday). I'm working at a size 12, Fizz will kill me if I become any thinner than that, and becoz I have a decent height/I'm broad anything below a 12 won't suit me and it would be an unrealistic goal. More than that I want to be fit and healthy.
My Current Routine: I do aerobics for 30 minutes in the morning. At night I do my Abs and low impact stretch and toning (which is a combined 30-35 mins routine). I'm pretty much on track (touchwood), and plan to lose a good amount of weight by year end Insh'Allah.
What works for me:
- Thankfully I LOVE aerobics and felt absolutely lost when I wasn't able to do it last year.
- I'm not a Foodie, I eat brown bread, no sugar, 90% am on brown rice (if I have rice that is). When I have non-veg (maybe once in a week/fortnight) I have chicken.
- I have dinner latest by 7
- I'm not too fond of chocolates/sweets/colas/tea/coffee.
Where's the problem?:
- I'm a stress eater (I have to control this, working on it)
- I munch late at night (have to start working on this)
- I'm an obese, and in the last 11 years I maintained my weight was because of my exercise and eating habits. So I put on weight in a jiffy and take AGES to lose it.
So, I want all of you who are reading this blog to share your experience and write nice motivating things in the comment box below. I'll be happy. Love u guys.