Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Book Pick - The Gruffalo's Child by Julia Donaldson

As mentioned, I would be telling you about some amazing Julia Donaldson books for a couple of weeks and this week's pick is The Gruffalo's Child by Julia Donaldson.

Book: The Gruffalo's Child
Author: Julia Donaldson
Illustrator: Axel Scheffler



Why I picked it and what was my Reaction: Well, reading Gruffalo and reading it over and over again made me pick the sequel. Gruffalo,  Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler cannot go wrong.

The Toddler's take: People told me this is not as entertaining and engaging as the first installment, but I beg to differ.  Z and I can vouch for the book... She reads Gruffalo followed by The Gruffalo's Child and it is something she has to do. Her giggles, her questions, her kissing the book continues in this one as well.

What it is about: The book starts sometime after the first one ends. It is a totally adorable sequel to The Gruffalo. It starts when a cold winter night, Gruffalo tells his child about the big bad mouse. Gruffalo's child becomes inquisitive and she wants to find out everything about the mouse. So, as her dad snores one night, she tip-toes into the jungle. The Gruffalo's Child meets the snake, owl and the fox before meeting the Big Bad Mouse, what happens next??? well read the book to find out. 

How We Read it: Lots of voices, emotions and drama. 

Age Group: 3-6 years

BZM must buy, pick it up from Flipkart

8 comments:

  1. That was a fantastic review! Even today I love to read the stories written for children, usually they are clear and direct with morals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the Gruffalo and then his child. Julia Donaldson has a flair for keeping both todds and mums occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you loved The Gruffalo's Child, you'll probably enjoy this post too: http://blog.kidgaze.com/best-baby-books/ Let me know what you think of our pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this book Falak, I'm almost sad that I'm going to miss this genre of books now with not having any toddlers at home :(.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...