Monday, July 27, 2015

Book Review - Malala a Brave Girl from Pakistan / Iqbal a Brave Boy from Pakistan

Malala a Brave Girl from Pakistan / Iqbal a Brave Boy from Pakistan by Jeanette Winter


I usually don't pick up non-fiction for Zoe, I enjoy fiction more and so does she. The only books we picked up which were non-fiction were Islamic stories. It changed recently and I'm very very happy it did.

I picked up Malala a Brave Girl from Pakistan / Iqbal a Brave Boy from Pakistan when I got it as one of the suggestions on Amazon. The book written and illustrated by Jeanette Winter, it is a beautiful boom and introduces kids to 2 amazing kids. These kids rose from normal kids and they turned into heroes. Two brave hearts from Pakistan who had the courage to stand up against all something which they felt was wrong and unfair. Both were shot at, unfortunately, Iqbal died and Malala miraculously survived.

I have read about Malala Yusufzai before (who hasn't) but I didn't know about Iqbal Masih. I googled about him, after I read the book.

We loved the illustrations and the simplicity in the narration. It's perfect for 4+ years.

My little bookworm liked Malala's story a tad bit more, when I asked her why... She said "because Malala was a super brave girl and she wanted to go to school".

Zoe was also a little sad that Iqbal didn't survive, and that's another reason why she liked Malala's story better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...