Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A little guilt is good for health

Guilt strikes when you least expect it, actually, when you don't want it to. 

Picture this... I just have the busiest days coming up, some trainings, and Montessori classes. I was happy, and actually was looking forward to meeting and training new people. Wham! Z gets sick, starts with a stomach upset, bad throat, followed by fever. 

What do I do? Thankfully, this time, the decision was 'slightly' easy than what it could've been. Courtesy Fizz, he had taken a week off from work, and I felt so relieved. Every single morning, before leaving them, I felt pathetic, and that's to put it mildly. My thoughts kept going back to Z and I checked my phone every time I could. Fizz, on the other hand was the best, he just made sure he didn't let anything affect me and my work. He tried his best, and it was making me feel great and guilty at the same time.

Z, on the other hand, was at her best behavior. She was feeling bad, as she felt, because of her, my work was getting affected. I ensured her, that's not the case, but she's a big girl now... She understands things. Alhamdulillah, Z is fine now, and I just feel better myself.

This happens all the time, and I guess, it makes me (us) stronger. Every mother, working or not working, has to go through so much on an everyday basis. In fact, any parent who is hands on, goes through so much. Guilt, is not good for us, but if at the end of the day, you have a beautiful family who supports you, no problem is big enough. Besides, when Z tells me "Mumsy, you're the best, and I'm so proud of you," I can't ignore her words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...