Monday, October 8, 2012

Book Review - Head to Toe by Eric Carle

Brief: 'From Head to Toe' - by Eric Carle.

Why I picked it: Z's love for animals has grown... She knows the sound of cow, cat, dog, sheep, goat, elephant, lion, monkey, frog, bee, bird... and she recognizes them as well (I swear I'm missing out on many). She knows a lot of body parts as well, and this book brings both of them together. We love Eric Carle's work so much, I would be buying all his books. I don't think I need any more reasons. 

My reaction: I loved the book, the pictures, the link drawn between an animal's body part and ours... it's great. It has everything Z loves... Animals, body parts, pictures, et al. We don't want more.

Z's take now: If you tell Z to get Caterpillar/Slowly-Slowly/Brown Bear/Head Toe... she gets the book you asked for. She repeats most of the animal names and body parts... she also says 'I can do it'... All in all she loves it.

How We Read it: We sing 'Head and Shoulders knees & toes' before we begin, then I narrate the story... we end with the song (as you can hear in the link of the video below)

Age Group: 2-5 Years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOBp9C2FmI&feature=related

That's Z's favorite page

1 comment:

  1. My daughter loved this book when she was younger and she still does. In fact we used to enact each animal and it used be a lot of fun for her. I am sure Zoe will also enjoy it for a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...