Thursday, November 15, 2012

GoodBye Cbeebies

I thought this would be easy, but it isn't. With a heavy heart I write this blog post as Z watches one of her favorite Cbeebies show - In the Night Garden. 

For those of you who are not aware Cbeebies will no longer be aired in India post 30th November. Check this link for details. Now what am I supposed to do. Z is allowed only 1.5-2 hours TV viewing a day and 90% of that is Cbeebies. What am I supposed to tell her, when she asks about her favorite Tinky Winky. Laa-Laa, Dipsy, Po, Noo-Noo, IgglePiggle, Upsy Daisy, Makka Pakka, Tombliboos, Ninky Nonk, Baby Jake, Finley The Fire Engine and Mister Maker... also everyone on the Big Barn Farm.

Z learned her numbers, Phonics, names of colours, and lots of other things courtesy CBeebies

All this happening when her 2nd birthday is just round the corner. Not done! She has her breakfast with CBeebies for company... does that mean no breakfast for Z?

You might tell me I can show various other channels... it is no big deal. Thanks... but no Thanks... I want to keep away Z from Chota Bheem, Ninja Hattori, Doraemon, Keymon Ache... The only thing I can show is Tom and Jerry and Shaun The Sheep... but these do not impress Z much.

It might sound funny, but it really ain't. I guess all I can do is get her the DVDs of her favorite shows or give up on what little free time I have. What do reckon?

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...