Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dr. Seuss ABC

Name - Dr. Seuss ABC

The Toddler has recently developed a liking for Dr. Seuss and the ABC book is her favorite.

Why I picked it and what was my Reaction: This book was recommended by Padmini and I also read in Sirisha's blog about the book. Since the Toddler starts school in June Insh'Allah, this book is a great way to introduce phonics to her. I loved this book because it stresses on sound (phonics) as well as Alphabets (expect in the case of C..C...C.. CEILING. (That is all right)

The Toddler's take: The Toddler took a little time to develop a liking- this happens with all Dr. Seuss books. She loves browsing through the book and doesn't get bored easily, which is a huge plus. The Toddler and me love "Auntie Annie's Alligator A..A..A" and F..F...F "Four Fluffy Feathers ... Fiffer Feffer Feff.

How We Read it: We take out the sound of the phonic followed by the words, I stress on the words beginning with that phonic. The Toddler repeats after me. There is an i-Phone App which can be found here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dr.-seusss-abc/id354855128?mt=8

Age Group: 2 - 5 years

2 comments:

  1. Isnt it a fun book? It is too catchy :) and thanks for taking up on my recco :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...