Thursday, January 3, 2013

Make your own decisions

Image Courtesy: spiritualquestions.org.uk
That's one thing I will make sure I tell the Toddler. We've given her birth and we've brought her in this world, that doesn't mean we have the right to make decisions for our kids.

The other day I was watching Student of the year with some older member of the family (I didn't like the movie much). One thing I did agree with was when Rohan (Varun Dhawan) leaves his dad's house because his father couldn't accept the fact that Rohan can make his own decision and pursue a career in music. His dad wanted Rohan to handle the family business and become his dad's Xerox copy. My family member said "the father is right, how can Rohan leave his dad and how can he not take care of his dad's business. After all his dad has every right to tell Rohan what to do and what not to. Baap hai woh. His dad is the one responsible for bringing him in this world." I got so furious, thankfully I didn't argue, which I could've done very easily. We shouldn't make our children feel as if we've done them a favor by giving birth to them. We brought them in this world, because we wanted to be happy.

I would make sure I tell The Toddler what's good and what's bad (I will also tell her why it is so). The final decision will be hers, if she would want any suggestions, we'd always be there to guide her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...