Monday, April 29, 2013

Shopping List

The toddler has found a new friend ... Barney. She is obsessed with this big green dinosaur and his friends Baby Bop and BJ. 

She doesn't sit on her potty seat without Barney. Unfortunately in India you only get Barney DVDs or books. One doesn't get a nice Barney stuff toy... which the toddler wants right now. So when my brother-in-law told me about his travel plans to US, I give him a list of things I want him to buy for us... the list had just 2 things on it a Barney Stuff Toy & a Gruffalo DVD. He said "Bas itna hi" (that's it?), I thought for a second and said "OK get a Gruffalo stuff toy as well."

If this would have been 2.5 years ago, I would have given a list of cosmetics, dresses, etc. but now my 'list' contained of things I need only for Zoe. Life has changed and I like the fact that now our life is more Zoe Centric.

Its not just this incident, whenever we go out shopping we decide we will not buy anything for Zoe... we carry a long list of things that we need to buy for ourselves. We end up buying something for Zoe, we might forget about the list all together. 

So this is the story of our life and our shopping list, as on date. Hmmmmmmmmm hopefully things would change and we would not forget getting things for our self. 

1 comment:

  1. Came across your blog while browsing.Totally understand how shopping works with a baby around.Can't resist buying something for our one year old whenever we shop..something as simple as a balloon lights up his face.and we forget what did we actually step out for...totally worth it..

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...