Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The journey has just begun... but I'm happy!

I shared this on a Facebook Group that helps me stay healthy. 

I always believed that 'you have to expect things from yourself, before you set out to do them.' This rule applies in my fitness journey as well.

I have always lived my life being mocked at for being fat, till I was around 20. Then I lost 30 kgs in 3 months. I know I know, it was too much... but losing weight when you are younger is a piece of cake. And I truly believe that. I lost that weight with just 30 minutes of Jane Fonda and a nice diet.

I maintained this weight for a good 9 years till Z was born. I put on massive weight after we shifted to Bangalore. Change in lifestyle, stress levels, post partum depression, my knee injury... were the biggest devils I had to fight.

I was living in denial, and had a reality check last July when I stepped on the weighing scale... I went in depression for 2 days

I tried to work things out my way, but nothing worked out. I joined FRI in November 2013, and at that point my energy levels were such that I couldn't do 5 minutes of Leslie without a break... but I had one thing which I'm happy I do. I was determined. I was sure I had to change things, it is now or never. When I completed a mile in Leslie I was on cloud nine. The more I did the more I wanted to do. From there till now when my days aren't complete if I don't take 10k steps at least, with strength training and challenges, I think of working out when I'm not working out.

I'm trying to be fitter and healthier for my family and to fit in my old jeans... but more than anything else, I'm doing it for 'Me'

P.S: Though you might not see much of a difference but I feel fitter and happy when I workout and that is what is a priority.


1 comment:

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...