Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My favourite Pregnancy Movies

I obviously have 2 obsessions in my life  right now... Children/Pregnancy (which is recently developed) and cinema. I remember when I was pregnant, I watched as many baby movies as possible. I love the way Hollywood movies show pregnancy and babies (though they not always show reality) but what the hell I still Love them. Here's a list of movies based on pregnancy which I love, and I have seen them like a million and I just love them. Actually one doesn't need to be pregnant to fall in love with these movies. They make you laugh, they make you cry and fall in love. But when I was pregnant I made sure I watch every single pregnancy movie. It was some sought of a therapy for me... It made me feel happy.

  • The Back-Up plan: This Jennifer Lopez and Alex O'Loughlin starer is a favorite and tops the list. After - all we named Z after JLo's character. This was actually the first movie I saw when I came to know I was expecting Z (coincidentally). I fell in love with the movie.
 
  • Father of the Bride 2 Steve Martin is super funny as the dad of a bride and even funnier as a Granddad-to-be.  Love both the parts but the sequel is a lot more funny. I love watching this movie with Fizz.  I'm so confident Fizz will be a dad like the character Steve Martin played in future.
  • Nine Months - Hugh Grant is a good enough reason for me to love this movie. I first saw this movie when I was in school and have loved it ever since. This movie shows a man's take on Pregnancy and babies.
  • Baby Mama - The chemistry between Tina Fey and Amy Poehler is unbeatable. The movie is about this successful single Business woman who finds out she's infertile. She hires a woman to be a surrogate mom.
  • Juno - This movie about teenage pregnancy sees the main protagonist Juno getting pregnant. She tries going for abortion but drops the plan and decides to give the baby up for adoption instead.
  • Junior - Seeing Arnold Schwarzenegger play a male scientist who undergoes pregnancy is HILARIOUS.

  • Baby Boom - Diana Keaton plays a super successful career woman and she unexpectedly gets the responsibility of a toddler (which she inherits from a deceased cousin). She tries to save her career, then gives it all up and after struggling a little starts selling Gourmet Baby Food which soon becomes a success.

To see list:
  • Knocked Up
  • She's having a Baby
  • Away We Go
  • Waitress
  • What to expect when you're expecting

So that's my list... what's yours? Please suggest names if I have missed out on any (which I'm sure I have)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...